Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Some blog changes...

Okay, as some of you may notice, I have made a few changes to the blog. I added a few more links. Yes, they are political......not something that I am usually into, but this one really has my interest. I've been watching a lot of political debates, reading up on issues, etc. and to be honest, there is no perfect person to run this country except for God Himself (and they are doing their best to take Him out of everything!). We are the minority anymore.......especially those of us who are Christians. I have done a lot of reading on Gov. Mike Huckabee......he's been on the second tier of the Republican candidates now for a while and he has recently bumped McCain out of the way. He has good conservative Christian values that have impressed me intensely. He is also a former Baptist minister. I have added just a few of his links to the left for you to check out in your spare time. HE'S WORTH CHECKING OUT!!! We cannot get someone like Hillary in there who is just going to turn her back on this country and work on making a bigger name for herself. Yes, I like Rudy, and he has some very good attributes.......but he is not Pro Choice and that has really bothered me. We are made in God's image, that means we also contain His feelings and thoughts when you think about it. Would Christ say it's right to abort a baby just because??? No.....and that's how I make myself think about it. There are numerous options out there.....but an innocent child, from that second of conception, should not be punished. Huckabee is ProChoice, his voting record is on a steady course and he has not changed from year to year on his beliefs. Oh well, enough of my political rambling for now.

Remember to keep the family of Jessica Davis, the pregnant woman in Ohio, in your prayers tonight as they still continue to search for her. There are too many crimes in this world anymore. It's time everyone turns to help one another in our own country. And while I am at it, I am sick to death of everyone saying that they need to send our troops home and criticize them for fighting this war. Yes, I don't like our troops being there, but my husband sacrificed time with his family, baseball games, award ceremonies at his children's school, birthday's, anniversaries and Christmas so that he could fight for what he believes in. I believed in him the entire time he was there and if he does decide to go back, (or the miltary decides to send him back), I will send him off with the best smile I possibly can because HE is one of the strong and brave fighting for OUR RIGHTS and OUR protection. We are everyone's enemy.....many people still do not get that. Instead they want to tear down our soldiers morale and hurt all of the military families back here waiting for their return. What happened to supporting our troops? Asking a deployed soldiers family if they need a babysitter for a few hours so that they can have some time for themselves to get a haircut, manicure, ANYTHING to help them cope with being the head of the household while their spouse is gone?? I'm sure their are many military wives out there that will agree with me that WE SERVE OUR COUNTRY TOO! AND I AM DANG PROUD OF IT!!!! So don't tell me that you will not fund the supplies that my husband may need when he goes back to fight this awful war. LISTEN TO OUR SOLDIERS!!! Those who have been there, are there and have seen the smile on the children's faces when they see them walking down the street protecting them. They hear the thank you's from a foreign land and only criticism and condemnation from their own country. Just a little something to sleep on.......

No comments: