Some thoughts to guide us during this new year....
1. Faith is the ability to not panic.
2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.
3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.
4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.
7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.
9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
10. Laugh every day. It's like inner jogging.
12. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
13. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
14. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
15. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.
16. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
17. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.