Monday, July 16, 2007

Nine months gone by....

It hit me like a rock about an hour ago that it's been nine months today that we lost Roxy. I went outside and sat for a while and it still does not seem real to me. Even with Meadow and Pugs running around like crazy siblings.......it doesn't seem like she has been gone more than a week let alone nine months. I still wish I could bring her back....I wish I had a picture of something of her that I could scrap right now......but her album is finished and there is no way for me to focus all of these thoughts and energy elsewhere. I think that one of the hardest things for me too is that I don't even have a picture of Roxy and I together. That breaks my heart. Here is a poem that I found a while back that I was going to use on one of Roxy's scrap pages but never got to because I ran out of room! It says everything I feel.





I miss you so much my four-legged friend, I ask myself each day if the pain will ever end.
Your loss is so hard for one person to bear
Because we were a team; an inseparable pair.


You were by my side when I got up each day
Waiting so patiently to go out and play.
You were there each night when I got home
Waiting to go to on our walk, so we could roam.

You always knew if I was having a bad day
So you'd snuggle up close and try to get me to play.
If that didn't work you'd put your head in my lap
Then make yourself comfortable and take a nap.

One way or another you would brighten my day,
Like only you could; you had a special way.
You gave me a lifetime of memories to hold,
Through all the years ahead, till I'm gray and old.

I promise I'll see you again one day,
When we'll be together again to go run and play.
Your loss is a cross I will just have to bear,
Because you and I know we're an inseparable pair.

1 comment:

mom said...

I had forgotten too. Never a day goes by without my thoughts on T.T.
I know she's in heaven just waiting for me to join her. I loved her so much it hurts. Praying for you and knowing that you're sad on anniversary dates but we have to keep on. We still have more 4 legged paw loved ones to enjoy.
Love,
Mom