Monday, August 31, 2009

Remembering.....


Today has been a pretty long day for me already and it's not even 3 pm! We had our preschool Open House this morning and to have 30 two and three year olds in a room with all their parents at once is CHAOTIC!! Whew! Take the parents away and I do much better. I know the rest of my week will be just as challenging as children deal with separation anxiety and parents have a hard time just walking away from their little one crying out for them. But they always settle down and do much better than their parents expect.

Today would have been Roxy's 6th birthday. For those of you who don't know about my Roxy, she was the one that inspired me to start my blog. She found me just a few weeks after moving to NC. She was a beautiful Plott Hound. How I loved that sweet girl. She helped me deal with a lot of depression issues and even though Mia has been with me since she was 6 weeks old, Roxy was just special.


Today is also the anniversary of my grandpa's death. He has been gone for 15 years now. He was the most important man in my life growing up aside from my dad. I never have gotten use to the idea of him being gone.

So, today is a bit bittersweet for me.

The boys seem to like school and Brandon has been upset that he hasn't had enough homework. Go figure!!! Brady has enrolled in 3 out of 4 honor classes this semester so I'm hoping he'll keep his focus and continue to make me proud.

Well, off to walk Miss Meadow......if the kids aren't needing me, the dogs are! Have a great week!!! :o)

No comments: