Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boys Day Out....

Brandon and Brady challenging each other to some wild racing game.....

Yesterday the boys and I hit the town. We had a nice lunch at Red Robin and of course, they both had to hit the video games! What is it with boys and those crazy machines that rob them of their money?? Brady couldn't wait to get finished with lunch so he could get at them. Shortly thereafter, Brandon followed. I felt a bit abandoned.....LOL. I guess they are too old to be hanging with mom all the time now

.
That gameboy goes EVERYWHERE!!

Brady needed to run to Dicks Sporting Store to check out the latest goods for baseball and an upcoming camping trip he is taking. Actually, he's going to be sailing for 10 days to the Florida Keys. Let me just state for the record that I'm just not too thrilled about this latest adventure of his. But I know it will also be a great experience for him. I just pray that God keeps him safe.

After bickering for over an hour as to what movie to see, we decided on Orphan. Now I love horror/thriller movies but this was a complete waste of time and money!!! First of all, I couldn't believe they raised movie matinee prices from $7.50 to $9.50! No wonder the cinema was empty!! You can't do anything fun anymore with your children without cutting off an arm and a leg it seems.

Other than the movie putting us to sleep, we had a great time. My boys are growing up and that is so hard to grasp. I can tell that they've been exposed to their dad's family way too much over the summer because I had to call them out on some of their manners yesterday. Brandon is extremely excited that school is starting in a few weeks and I think Brady is more interested in going back to see the girls and getting that driver's permit.

Brady chatting with a girl before the movie starts.....

Well, enjoy the photo's and have a wonderful week-end! I'm sure ours will be full of packing up more boxes for the move in a few weeks. I think it's safe to say we are getting pretty excited. :o)


Brandon and I before the movie began....

No comments: