Friday, January 23, 2009

Orphans of God ~ Avalon

free music downloads | music videos | lyrics

I heard this song today for the first time while listening to a new teaching I had received of Beth Moore's. I was driving to work and basically had to exit for a few minutes because it truly speaks about how I have been feeling throughout my situation lately.

Avalon was one of the groups that performed at Christ Church in Nashville that I attended for a conference this past July. Amazing!!! Just listen with your eyes closed and you will be able to picture each and every aspect of this song.


Orphans of God

Who here among us has not been broken
Who here among us is without guilt or pain
So oft' abandoned by our transgressions
If such a thing as grace exists
Then grace was made for lives like this

There are no strangers
There are no outcasts
There are no orphans of God
So many fallen, but hallelujah
There are no orphans of God

Come ye unwanted and find affection
Come all ye weary, come and lay down
Your head
Come ye unworthy, you are my brother
If such a thing as grace exists
Then grace was made for lives like this

O blessed Father,look down upon us
We are Your children, we need Your love
We run before Your throne of mercy
And seek Your face to rise above

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This song means alot to me, especially because I know that Katie has ALWAYS had a Heavenly Father that has never left her. She may have been considered an orphan, but NEVER fatherless. We are all adopted by God.