Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On Sick Leave....

I have been a teacher for many years and yes, I get the sniffles and occasional cough but usually the Mucinex takes care of all that.  It's been lingering off and on for months and today at work within the first hour I noticed I was getting very fog headed and started coughing to the point where I was sounding hoarse and getting scratchy.  So I called and scheduled an afternoon appt with my doctor and I am so thankful I did.

By the time I got there, I barely had any voice (yes, a blessing to many....haha) but then they tell me I have an Upper Respiratory Infection and have to stay out of work until Monday and NO TALKING until then.  OMG!!! Do they not realize I am the queen of talk, joking, singing.....Just sitting in the house this afternoon with the dogs was challenging because I usually talk as if they are my second class for the day (well, it is like a doggy preschool hear!)

The good news is that Ray's truck didn't need a new transmission so God blessed us with the money we had set aside for that to cover my crazy prescription cost! I have never been on a Z-Pack or Pretisone before so I am hoping it doesn't bother me the way it does others I've talked too.  So far so good...but it's only been a few hours.

And of course, my husband smokes so I had to write him a poster stating No Smoking around me!! LOL  Thankfully, he can laugh too and understands.

So my next few days will be challenging.  I don't do well just sitting around.  Maybe I'll do some more blog updating like I've been promising too.

Well, I pray that everyone else is well and that they are having a blessed week.

My memory verse for these past two weeks was perfectly picked.  It has helped me cope. And I finally have it all memorized! :o)

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

No comments: