Sunday, May 25, 2008

Freedom Is Not Free....from Mike

I couldn't have put this better myself. Once again, Gov. Huckabee has done an outstanding job. I know that I appreciate his wonderful comments about our military men and women. For grandfathers that have served, uncles, my dad, my husband, and probably one day my sons or grandchildren will make me proud as well serving our country. I pray everyone has a safe and memorable Memorial Day.

Happy Anniversary Mike and Janet!




May 25, 2008 - 04:06 PM
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
by Mike Huckabee

This weekend, as we go to picnics and parades to celebrate Memorial Day, let us take a few moments to remember and thank those who have made it possible to celebrate as a free people. Let us pause in prayerful reflection of our soldiers, the men and women who have died so that we can enjoy that freedom.


Our military today is the best trained, best equipped, smartest military the world has ever known. It is only proper that we take time to remember all of those who have lost their lives to keep us free throughout the history of our great country.

Our military has always sacrificed for the American people, willingly defending us from tyranny and oppression on foreign shores whenever called upon to do so.


It is also proper that we pray for our brave soldiers fighting today in and. We can take comfort and find peace in knowing that those soldiers serving far away from home on this Memorial Day weekend, are continuing the tradition of service to America that has made our military so great. The sacrifices of all of our soldiers through the ages are remembered on this holiday.

The words of Lee Greenwood sum up the feelings of all Americans with great eloquence “I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free, and I won’t forget the men and women who died, who gave that right to me.”

The price our country has paid through the years has been high, with the loss of our greatest treasures, the young men and women who have sacrificed their lives to make sure that we continue to live in freedom. We should all take time to remember, that Freedom is not free.

No comments: