Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Eye Opening Journey


Well, here it is the day before Easter, the end of this season of lent.  During the past 40 days I have reflected on many things in my life.  Along with my devotion to study God's Word more each day and grow closer to Him, I have most certainly had storms and trials.  But each and every memory verse that God has lead me to focus on during this year has shown it's purpose in my life. 

God is in control of all our situations and He desires us to trust in Him, cast our cares on Him and toss our discouragement and fear aside.  It's not easy to do, but there is such a peace and comfort once you "scriptually" redirect your thoughts.  Instead of being afraid of your situation, pray 2 Timothy 1:7.  When feeling tempted to please other people, pray Romans 12:2.  God will give you the power to part your own Red Sea if you just trust in Him.

This journey is one in which I commit to continue.  When I first decided to give up Facebook for lent, many giggled and said good luck (in the back of my mind I thought the very same thing!).  I won't say it was easy because it was my routine to get up and log on to see what was happening with friends and family over coffee in the morning.  I won't lie and say that I haven't missed it.  But I've missed it for different reasons......prayer requests, good news being shared, photo's of my students.  That should limit my time to 20 minutes a day.  And it will.

Waking up and immediately getting into a good devotional has made my days so much more meaningful than browsing Facebook statuses.  And running home and getting into my Beth Moore study first thing has given me such hunger and thirst for His Word.  I just can't get enough!!

So even though we are at the end of this season of lent, that doesn't mean we have to run back to the things we decided to set aside and let go of in lieu of spending more time with God.  So I challenge each and every one of you to think of one thing that you can give up each day to spend just 15 minutes in God's Word.  After all, He sacrificed His only Son for us.  

Happy Easter!

No comments: