Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness Days 1-10

So I am quite a few days behind on the 30 days of thankfulness so I'll just sum it up as fast as I can! It's been pretty busy around here since Halloween.  I'm hoping to keep up for the rest of the month!

Day 1: I am thankful for my four legged friends who make me laugh, listen to my rants, give me lots of love and bring joy to our family.  I am so thankful that God gave us animals.  I would be lost without my pets!

Day 2: I am thankful for my parents.  My mother who has taught me so much about life and my father who is a hero of his own.  I am so very fortunate to have such wonderful and loving parents.


Day 3: I am thankful for my oldest son Ronnie. He blesses me with his musical talent and I love the person whom he has turned out to be.

Day 4: I am thankful for my youngest son, Brandon. His integrity, compassion and leadership skills make him one remarkable young man. One day, he will lead this country, no doubt.

Day 5: I am thankful for my middle son, Brady. He is one of a kind. He always makes me laugh and is so protective of his mama.

Day 6: I am thankful for my first born and beautiful daughter Brittany. God has blessed her with such talent. Not only is she my daughter, she is one of my best friends and a carbon copy of her mother!

Day 7: I am thankful for all the wonderful children that I have had the privilege of teaching. Watching their little minds grow blesses me and makes each one of them feel as if they are my very own.  Seeing those who have moved on to higher grades out in public just tickles me! The way they light up and run to me to give one of their precious hugs! I love all my students and I praise God for giving me the opportunity to lead them and minister to them through education.

Day 8: I am thankful for my step-son Joshua. He is bold, speaks his mind and a go-getter. He is so much like his dad and I am so proud to call him one of my own. Love you Josh!

Day 9: I am thankful for the every day things that we take for granted at times....food, shelter, warmth.  On days that I feel down and find something to complain about I need to remind myself that life could be so much harder and that others are struggling far worse than we do at times.

Day 10:  Today, I am thankful for West Virginia University and the WVU Mountaineers! I learned a lot at that university.  I may have changed my degree from nursing to education, but I learned so much that if I ever have that desire again to change my occupation it is because of all the great medical education I received there.  And what university is complete without their sports team!! Let's Go Mountaineers!!!!

No comments: