Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 14

Today, I am thankful for my sister, Robyn.  We are six years apart so growing up, we weren't really that close.  During the past 7 or 8 years though we have finally gotten that close sisterly bond.  She has been through struggles just as I have and we have always had each others back.  She is one of my best friends.

My grandmother use to always tell me the story of how when Robyn was first brought home from the hospital I knelt by her bassinet and prayed to God thanking him for blessing me with a sister.  It's funny that I can remember them sneaking me in the hospital to see her......back in those days you had to be at least 12 to visit anyone.

So, I am thankful that God blessed me with such a true gift....the gift of a sister.

No comments: