Monday, October 8, 2007

Wow! What a week it's been! So much to do and very little time to sit back and relax. Brandon started fall baseball this Friday night.........Eric is the team coach so you can only imagine the pressure that Brandon feels from that! haha Well, they didn't win on Friday......in fact, they were pounded 15-3. Needless to say, the kids took the loss well, but Eric pouted ALL WEEK-END!!! Now tell me, whose the grown up??

This week is Mid-Term week at the college for me. I only have one big one to worry about, but I think I'll do fine. If the rest of my life would settle down and get in order, it sure would help! Brandon has been stressing over his adaption to Middle School, Brittany is starting to go through that teen-age rebellion thing again, and Brady is....well, he's just Brady!

As I was studying last night in my quiet time, I decided to start reading the book of Psalms. The Lord gave me the following verse and it has stuck with me all day. I know there is a reason for it and I truly do need this verse right now.

"Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous; for You Who try the hearts and emotions and thinking powers, are a righteous God." Psalm 7:9

My battlefield right now is in my mind stronger than it's been in a while. I know that God will deliver me through it by focusing on the things He wants me to gain from it. He will give me the strength and ability to control and exercise my emotions and decision-making. I pray this will help you through your week as well.

No comments: