Monday, December 27, 2010

Some Christmas Pictures.....

We had a pretty intense Christmas. My daughter came to visit and it was great to have her here. We went to visit grandmother and she had a pretty emotional day wanting to come home with us. It was heartbreaking, but we were able to calm her before leaving.


She was so thankful for every gift....


Trying to calm her down a bit to reassure her I'd be back......

Christmas Eve was another story. We were visiting my sister-in-law and just out of the blue, my dear hubby had a seizure. I was TERRIFIED!!!! He's never had them before. I knew to get him on his side immediately so that he wouldn't choke and was amazed that I remember all my CPR training. Although, I prefer to NEVER have to use it again!!! I didn't know what was happening at first. I thought he was having a heart attack or stroke. He'd been fine all week and he said he didn't even feel it coming on. His face turned blue and I truly thought I was going to be spending Christmas Day planning my husband's funeral. That was how intense it was.

Everything was going through my head. I couldn't lose him. He is the most gracious, hardworking man that I know. No one has ever been as good to me in my life as he is. He didn't even know who I was for close to 15 minutes or so. It turned out that he had a major drop in sugar and they believe that is what caused him to seize. He refused to go to the hospital of course with the paramedics but he did allow me to take him after much begging (and a bit of threatening). Everything came back normal. I still don't trust it though. All I can do is sit and worry if it is going to happen again.

I guess I need to stop unloading my problems to ya'll. Enjoy some of our holiday photos!


Meadow enjoying one of her many Christmas gifts....


Brie Brie thinking "oh no! not Twilight!!!" haha


After a long night and a great Christmas morning, Brie and Jasper settle down for a nice nap

1 comment:

Just Be Real said...

Thank you Rhonda for sharing and sharing such precious moments of your family. I know you have had a rough year. Praying 2011 will be much better for you dear one.