Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!



I was raised in a very patriotic family. Both of my grandfathers served our country and my dad served during Vietnam in the U.S. Army. My sister and I were always attending VFW events and were raised to respect our flag, our country and those who serve.

As Americans, we have faced a very intense week of loss once again in our country. The fallen soldiers at Ft. Hood and their families need our prayers and support. I cannot imagine the sadness that their family and friends are going through. As a former military spouse myself, it is disturbing to know that such a malice act occurred on a military post. One in which you are suppose to feel safe. But yet, we are made to feel unsafe on our own soil once again.

So today, I not only want to thank those Veterans that served, but their families that serve "behind the scenes" as well. The spouses that are left behind to raise their children....the parents that watch their son or daughter graduate from high school and immediately put that uniform on and bravely fight for our freedom. Military life is one of all challenges and obstacles for all involved.

Thank you for your service and may God watch over you and bless each and every one that serves.



No comments: