Monday, June 8, 2009

When Heaven Calls....

For those who are very dear to me know that we experienced a loss in Ray's family on Wednesday. It was a quick and unexpected loss and I believe that has been the hardest part for everyone. Two weeks ago, Ms. Mildred was sitting at the flea market trying to make an extra dollar to purchase those Marlboro cigarettes she loved so much. A few days later, she was roaming around Wal-mart. That was her last outing........

I've only known Ms. Mildred personally for about 9 months. I've had the privilege to speak to her on the phone during the years though. But I had come to love her. She was so fiesty and bold! She didn't hold back speaking her mind. Every time Ray would leave the room, she'd start telling me stories about him. I spent a Saturday afternoon with her over Easter break and she boldly announced that she knew Ray loved me because she had never seen his eyes light up before as they did when he was with me. She told me that she didn't worry about him anymore because she knew I took good care of him. Then the real lecture began..........if he ever hurt me then I was to come to her and she'd take care of me! haha She was just so much fun to be around and I loved listening to her stories (especially the one's about how much she hated Katie, the ex! hehe).

She reminded me a lot of my mamaw back home always wanting her hair done. I miss my mamaw a great deal so I enjoyed making sure that Ms. Mildred had the oppurtunity to get all dolled up. The last time we went she wanted to get all spruced up for some fella she had her eye on at the flea market!! She was always so enthused when I'd show up to visit her on my days off from preschool. I'm thankful that I did get to know her as much as I did, but wish that I could have known her for many more years.


She was so excited about Ray finding Joshua. She was always asking about him and told me that when he finally came to NC, we were going to have a big dinner to celebrate! Josh wanted to try and fly in a few weeks ago but the funds weren't there to make it happen. If only we had known then what we do now.

I have been so proud of Ray during the past few days. He has really stepped up and made sure that his Mama's wishes were taken care of. I've seen a side of him that has never been visible before. Part of it I hated to see because I don't like knowing that he is in pain and hurting. The other part was so nurturing and mature that I know that I am luckiest woman in the world to have him in my life.

Please continue to pray that God will reign His mercy and comfort down upon the family and envelope them in His safe and precious arms.

No comments: