Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Create In Me A New Heart

It has been an emotional past few weeks.  Many things have happened within my family but God has been right there to hold us all together.  It made me realize that I do indeed need to spend much more "alone" time with Him.  So, I have decided to give up Facebook for Lent.  Yes, I will miss my daily encouraging words, catching up with all my fabulous friends and playing the few games I enjoy, but I saw God move in such a gracious way lately that I owe Him that much of me right now.

I have been working on Beth Moore's bible study of David:  Seeking A Heart Like His.  That is what I desire this holiday season as I stop to reflect on the awesome of God's abundant love and mercy.  We have so much to be thankful for each and every day that we often take it for granted.  As I study each and every word and pray for God to use this study to help me create a new heart just like David had, I know I will be even stronger, better, and most importantly, closer to my Father.

What have you decided to sacrifice to get closer to your Heavenly Father this Easter season?


1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry for the issues you have been going through. ((HUGS)) Thankful God is by your side.